Hey! I'm Niraj, sophomore at UIUC. I'm interested in Distributed Systems, Bitcoin, and Design.
I'm currently a researcher in the Decentralized Systems Lab @ Illinois.
I'm also a campus ambassador to Sequoia Capital.
Previously, I've worked on aerial imagery infrastructure at Skycatch, security products at Lookout, driver-side infrastructure at ShipBob,
and social products at Besso Labs. I've also helped contribute to research at Election Analytics @ Illinois and
Stanford HCI Group. My resume can be found here.
- LetsGit is an accessible, cloud-based Git GUI client and code editor in the browser. Lets you easily code and collaborate from anywhere without needing to setup a new development environment.
- Twitch Plays Tinder is a web app that streams a port of Tinder onto twitch.tv and allows collaborative matchmaking on the platform. Originally inspired by Twitch Plays Pokémon.
- ScandIn is a Google Glass application to enhance networking events using facial recognition. The Glass application takes a picture, sends it to an Express.js backend, matches the image to a user in the training set, and returns the recognized user's information to a Glass card.
- 3DSnap allows you to share and view stereoscopic 3D snapchats with a 3DS or mobile phone.
- Notes on synergy, network effects, and ecosystems [draft]
- The Commoditization of Machine Learning
- Student Venture Capital Programs
- Analyzing The Podcast Renaissance [mirror]
- Why I Love Fermi Problems
- Bay Intern Dine Out
- 2015, the year I fell in love with reading (again) [mirror]
(I also publish my partially-thought-out observations, opinions, and notes here)
Please reach out! Always happy to meet new people. I can be contacted through Twitter or by email.